New Orleans Industrial Accident Attorneys
Representing Louisiana’s Industrial Workers
Industrial workplaces can be very dangerous. Employees must operate and work close to heavy machinery, chemicals, and complex equipment. A single mistake or malfunction can cause an accident that leaves a worker suffering from a catastrophic injury that changes the course of their life. Severe burns, crush injuries, amputation, and toxic exposure are all possible consequences of an industrial accident. Injured workers deserve the best medical treatment and compensation to replace lost wages, plus more.
As New Orleans industrial accident attorneys, we at Tony Clayton & Associates know the challenges that workers face when they try to get treatment and recover fair compensation. We have seen too many employers and their insurance companies delay payment, offer low settlements, or even deny responsibility altogether. We stand up against these unethical practices and help injured industrial workers get the recoveries that help them build bright, stable futures for themselves and their families.
We handle industrial injury cases in New Orleans and across Louisiana involving:
- Mining accidents
- Drilling rig accidents
- Warehouse accidents
- Plant and refinery accidents
- Factory accidents
- Construction accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Falls from heights
- Falling object injuries
- Heavy machinery malfunction
- Caught in machinery/equipment
- Chemical burns and exposure
- Overexertion injuries
- Heat exhaustion
- Truck accidents
- Industrial fires and explosions
To find out how we can help you, call (504) 608-3211. Your consultation is free!
What to Do After a Louisiana Industrial Accident
The time after an industrial accident is confusing. It is also critical. What you do and say (and what you don’t do and don’t say) can have a direct impact on your ability to recover compensation for your injuries.
If you’ve been harmed in a Louisiana industrial accident:
- Tell your employer. Make sure you report any work-related injury or accident to your employer as soon as possible. Tell your supervisor or manager in writing and keep a copy for your records. If you’re a union member, you may also need to report your injury to your union representative.
- Get medical help. Always see a doctor after an industrial accident, even if you don’t believe you were seriously injured. Tell the doctor what happened so they know what type of injury to look for. Getting medical attention early on is the best way to protect your health.
- Follow your doctor’s orders. Be sure to follow your doctor’s treatment plan so you have the best chance at recovering. You will probably be required to see the company doctor, but remember that you can choose your own doctor if you are unhappy with your treatment.
- Talk to an attorney. Involving a Louisiana industrial accident attorney is the best way to protect your interests in the aftermath of a serious injury. If your employer, their insurance company, or any other person or company tries to interfere with your right to compensation and your ability to recover, your attorney can defend your interests and protect your well-being.
Of course, every accident is different. Use your best judgment to decide what steps are right based on your unique situation and needs.
You Deserve a Competent New Orleans Industrial Injury Lawyer
Rebuilding after an industrial injury can seem impossible. While it’s true that life may never be the same, the right treatment and financial support can make all the difference. A skilled New Orleans industrial injury lawyer can pursue a settlement or award that covers all of your losses and injuries—now and into the future.
You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical treatment
- Ongoing care and therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Lost earnings
- Loss of future earnings
Learn more about your options and rights as an industrial worker by calling (504) 608-3211 or contacting Tony Clayton & Associates online.